Monday, November 5, 2007

In But Not Of .2

We began a discussion on how to be in the world but not of the world...now we'll continue.

I like to consider myself an introvert with extrovert qualities. My wife is definitely an extrovert through and through. Evangelism/friendship/shooting the breeze all come so easy for her and for me it always feels so difficult. I've always thought that God would just use me for who I am but I think thats not totally true. God is just going to work through my weakness in a huge way for me to step out to reach some people. I don't want to be the introvert who stands back and blames my lack of activity on being introverted...thats a cop out.

Another way to be in the world but not of it.

2. Get together with your friends (Christian or non Christian) in public places.This could be a weekly Bible study specifically getting into a public place or a small church's staff getting out of the church to meet. It doesn't have to be Starbucks, I would actually say you should support your local coffee shop instead of paying the man. You will be surprised by how much the people around you hear bits and pieces of your conversation. You will also get a chance to hear bits of pieces of other conversations nearby yours. This only leads to opportunities to create friendship. In our postmodern world it has become overused that evangelism will be done through relationship, but it is true.

No comments: