Wednesday, December 19, 2007

She's Pregs

The big news of the day was that Britney Spears' sister got pregnant. Some people are saying this would never be newsworthy if it wasn't for Britney but I think they are missing the point. Jamie Lynn Spears is a star on the Nickelodeon show "Zoey 101" and she is 16. Beyond that she was living with her 19 year old boyfriend. From where I'm sittin that seems like pretty big news to me. The typical person who watches this show is a 11 year old girl who dreams of being like Jamie Lynn...well at least until now. Here is a great cnn article that has parent's reactions to the news. In society this has crossed the line for most people. Clearly her parents have no clue how to raise children, as two of them have made major mistakes. I think 10 years ago she would have been crucified for this, but today she is commended for taking responsibility for what happened.

10 years from now this could be the norm...how far will normal go?

3 comments:

Vin Thomas said...

When I saw the title of this post in my reader I wasn't sure what to think ;)

vin

deut-x said...

I know, I was thinking the same thing ... almost one year later and BAM, pregnant!

Lynne said...

Adopt this baby out and give he/she a chance at life.
Disaster is written all over his/her future.
Kids raising kids. Bad combo.