Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Internet Efficiency

Last week I wrote about how great iGoogle is. The biggest reason I thought it was so good is that it makes me more efficient on the internet. I wanted to let you know of a few other things that do the same for me.

  1. If you use Internet Explorer or Safari you need to switch to Firefox. 75% of the readers of this blog use either IE or Safari, but neither of those even comes close to what Firefox can do for you. The ability for 3rd party themes and extensions on Firefox makes it so much better. From spell check, to awesome browser looks, Firefox is incredible. It is like comparing Facebook from when it first came out to where it is now. Not even close.
  2. A few weeks ago Mr. Whittaker talked about something he uses called Morning Coffee. It is a Firefox extension that basically allows you to load all the websites you check in one window in different tabs. I've been using it for just over a week and it is a-mazing and you have to try it.
  3. A website called Readburner lets you look at the most popular blog items that have been shared within Google Reader. So for those of you who use Google Reader, go to this site and add your shared url so that there is more diversity of the kind of things that are most popular.
  4. If you have problems or questions with these, either email me or leave a comment with your email and I'll try and help you out.
What makes you more efficient on the internet?

4 comments:

Vin Thomas said...

Here are a couple things that make my life so much easier on the web:

BOOKMARKS (or "favorites" if you use IE) - I am surprised at how many people DON'T use bookmarks. This is a no-brainer for me.

FLICKR - This is the best online photo system online in my opinion. I use it all the time.

WORDPRESS - The best open-source blogging platform on the planet. Forget about blogger...you need to make the move ty.

Hope that helps some poor soul somewhere.

Matt Singley said...

Twitter, Tumblr, Google Reader and iGoogle. :)

Anonymous said...

The only problem with FF is the memory leak is absolutely horrible. It actually drove me back to IE, which has greatly improved now that there's competition.

Tyler said...

well ill take the memory junk because of the serious added benefits with firefox.

and no vin, i'm not switching to wordpress. I suck at html, blogger makes it easy.