Friday, November 16, 2007

The Hand of God

Wow was today an interesting one...today is my all day in class day, except my 4 hour afternoon class was canceled because my prof was in California at a conference. Of course I had to turn in a 19 page report instead. What joy!!!

I was on the my way home and Rose called. That is my wife for those who do not know. She said that she was getting on 217 from 26 and her car fished tailed and then spun 180 degrees. She lost total control of it. She did not hit a car and she did not hit the guard rail which was 2 feet away by the end of it. Her tire had popped and she was stuck staring at traffic coming at her. Luckily there was a piece of shoulder about the width of a car between the road and the guard rail. I was 30 seconds away from her when she called.

I showed up and she was on the phone with Les Schwab. They don't tow people that are on freeways. Awesome. Then 2 cops showed up and one of them called a tow company because we don't have AAA. 20 minutes was the wait. So we waited, the tow guy came and Rose took my car to work. She was shaken up and a wreck but after we prayed she reluctantly decided to drive again so she could make it to work an hour late.

Me and the tow guy took the car to Schwab's and I paid him for the tow plus a police call premium. I wish I would have known about that before I had to policeman call the tow guy before me. Anyway, the tire was fixable. One freakish event for $102 total for the tow. I'll take it. Rose is unscathed and her car doesn't have a mark from it. God was with her for sure.

6 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

eWOW!!! I'm so glad Rose is okay.

And a total plus the car is in fine condition and the "damage" was only $102.

Miranda said...

wow, that's amazing. i'm sooo glad she's okay! thank you Father for protecting Rose!

deut-x said...

that stinks! But I bet you are glad she is alive!

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

How overwhelming it is to see the many ways God protects us, and the ones we love. I couldn't look at this last night, because I know I wouldn't have slept...Now, this morning, I see it here. Oh, my goodness...I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness to the Lord. And, thanks, Ty for being a good husband. It wasn't a coinsidence that you were out of class yesterday afternoon, and only 5 min. away, when Ro was sat shaking in her car, on the side of a busy freeway! I'm so glad you could be there with her so quickly. Well, this week, as we're thinking about all our blessings, this is on the top of my list!! God had his hand on it all. Love you guys!!

Unknown said...

thank you Lord for sparing my life....and of course thanks Ty for broadcasting it to the world- ha! nice photo- freaks me out looking at it....